A list of items to bring to coastal cleanups to help you protect yourself and make the biggest impact:
- Sunscreen – protect yourself from the sun. Even on cloudy days, the reflection off the water can add to sunburn.
- Reusable Water bottle – Stay hydrated. Plus, the absolute last thing you want to do is bring a single use plastic water bottle to a clean up.
- Work Gloves – the cleanup organizer might have work gloves for you but they also might run out of there are too many volunteers. Help them and yourself by having your own.
- Hat – keep the sun off your face
- Camera (or Camera phone) – you should take pictures of what you find! This will help share the message.
- Compostable Trash Bags – again, just in case the organizer runs out!
- A friend – an extra set of hands doubles the impact.